I’ve always been fascinated by people who schedule their daily lives. Why follow a schedule when you’re at home? Isn’t the point of being at home to relax, be leisurely and do what you want? Why would anyone want to make a set time for housework?
And then one day I realized- I was following a routine without ever intending it. It just makes life easier. I make sure my daily chores and housework are done before any fun. Don’t get me wrong, my entire day is not scheduled. But it’s definitely helpful to get certain things done in the morning, before starting my day. And certain things done in the evening, before going to bed.
- 4:45-5am – wake up, pack hubbys lunch, pour our coffee, sit down to watch the news, kiss hubby good bye
- 5:30- shower & get dressed
- 5:45/6-more coffee, check emails & social media, read Bible
- 6:15/6:30 wake up youngest for school, start laundry, unload dishwasher, make breakfast, pack lunches
- 7- youngest daughter out the door for the bus, wake up older daughter for school, flip laundry
- 7:15- fix my hair, make up, wipe down bathrooms, start more laundry, walk the dog, start on daily chores
I would love to hear about your daily routines. Morning, nightly, whole day- anything really.